Last Updated August 2023
We will not disclose or sell your personal information, without your consent, to third parties who are not affiliated with Riscosity. However, in the privacy statement below, there are certain exemptions for which we will give further explanations.
We believe that you have the right to know what kind and how information may be collected by this website. Moreover, you should know how this information may be used, disclosed, and the amount of protection we instill upon your privacy.
1. Information we collect
- Identification Information: We may collect certain identification information if you voluntarily choose to provide that information to us (e.g. name, email, etc.).
- Attestation and Identity Verification Information: Certain portions of the Service may require us to prove your identity, such as through on-chain verification or permissionless attestation. We may collect personal information from you in connection with these activities.
- Communications: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback.
- Social Media Information: We may maintain a social media presence on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with us on social media, we may receive personal information that you provide or make available to us based on your settings, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages
Internet Activity Information: When you visit our website, we may automatically log the following information:
- Device Information: The manufacturer and model, operating system, browser type, IP address, and unique identifiers of the device you use to access the Service. The information we collect may vary based on your device type and settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (“Google”) to help collect and analyze Usage Information. For more information on how Google uses this information, click here.
- Location Information: We may derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address when you visit our website.
We may use the following technologies to collect Internet Activity Information:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on your device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, enable functionality, help us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitate online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
2. Personal information use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Service Delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and secure the Service;
- Create, maintain, and authenticate your account; and
- Administer purchases of Digital Assets.
Communicating with You, including to:
- send you updates about administrative matters such as changes to our terms or policies;
- verify your identity, including ownership of the email, phone numbers, and other contact information you provide to us; and
- provide user support, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Service Improvement, including to:
- improve the Service and create new features;
- personalize your experience; and
- create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information.
Marketing and Advertising, including for:
- Direct Marketing: To send you marketing communications, including notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email and other means.
Compliance and Protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
3. Personal information sharing
Our Sharing: We do not sell, rent, license, or lease your personal information to third parties. However, we may share personal information with:
- Service Providers, including hosting services, email services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer support services, and analytics services. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Professional Advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, where doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render to us.
- Business Transaction Recipients, such as counterparties and others assisting with a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, asset sale, or similar transaction, and with successors or affiliates as part of or following that transaction.
- Government Authorities, where required to do so for the Compliance and Protection purposes described above.
4. Personal information retention
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 18. Riscosity does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete that information.
6. Links to other websites
7. Information Security And Accuracy
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. Riscosity implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
8. Your choices
Update or Correct Personal Information: You can contact us and request any updates or corrections needed to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email we send you. Please note, however, that you may continue to receive communications as described in the Communicating with You section after opting out of marketing communications.
Do Not Track. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals.
10. Individual’s Rights
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and controllers are responsible for fulfilling these rights.
Individuals’ rights may include the right of access to personal data, to rectification of personal data, to erasure of personal data / right to be forgotten, to restrict processing of personal data, to object to processing of personal data, to data portability, the right to withdraw consent at any time (where processing is based on consent) and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
11. Contact us